» Panther Tank??
by mechanic Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:47 am

» Quebec Police clowns
by frinik Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:06 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

2 posters

Summertime Is Falling Down and Winter Is Closing In.

woofiedog
    woofiedog
    TSF Member-Silver Tools
    TSF Member-Silver Tools

Summertime Is Falling Down and Winter Is Closing In. Empty Summertime Is Falling Down and Winter Is Closing In.

Post by woofiedog Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:59 pm

Smile

I awoke today and found the frost perched on the town
    It hovered in a frozen sky, then it gobbled summer down
    When the sun turns traitor cold
    And all the trees are shivering in a naked row
    I get the urge for going but I never seem to go

I get the urge for going
    When the meadow grass is turning brown
    Summertime is falling down and winter is closing in

A set of photos I took the other week of a Turkey Buzzard flying over Mt. Wachusett.

Summertime Is Falling Down and Winter Is Closing In. Picture_or_Video_008   Summertime Is Falling Down and Winter Is Closing In. Picture_or_Video_009   Summertime Is Falling Down and Winter Is Closing In. Picture_or_Video_010

woofiedog
    woofiedog
    TSF Member-Silver Tools
    TSF Member-Silver Tools

Summertime Is Falling Down and Winter Is Closing In. Empty Re: Summertime Is Falling Down and Winter Is Closing In.

Post by woofiedog Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:07 pm

The Artilleryman and the Fighting Machine... War of the Worlds, New Generation. Narrated by Liam Neeson.

Summertime Is Falling Down and Winter Is Closing In. The_Artilleryman

From the Jeff Wayne's, War of The Worlds... the battle of the HMS Thunder Child vs Martians. Narrated by Richard Burton.

Summertime Is Falling Down and Winter Is Closing In. HMS_Thunder_Child

woofiedog
    woofiedog
    TSF Member-Silver Tools
    TSF Member-Silver Tools

Summertime Is Falling Down and Winter Is Closing In. Empty Re: Summertime Is Falling Down and Winter Is Closing In.

Post by woofiedog Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:40 pm

Smile

Last edited by woofiedog on Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Technopiper

Post by Technopiper Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:03 pm

Nice shot with the buzzard.

I am a fan of steampunk too. Too bad I can't really think of a good steampunk game. The closest is probable Ultimate Worlds: Martian Dreams by Origins. 1990?
    woofiedog
    woofiedog
    TSF Member-Silver Tools
    TSF Member-Silver Tools

Post by woofiedog Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:56 pm

Technopiper... I am a fan of steampunk too.

I'm not familiar to this "designs inspired by 19th-century industrial steam-powered machinery". Sort of like the movie remake of the TV show back from my younger day's... The Wild Wild West.

Although I have read many of the H. G. Wells books and the video clips I posted relate to the Jeff Wayne audio versions of "War of the World's" which are very good and can not leave out Jules Verne's writings also. All excellent and listening material.

Will be breaking out and listening to the Jeff Wayne "War of the World's" soon while sitting out in the backyard, having a few glasses or so of refreshing beverage. cheers

There are two versions now, but have not listen to the new version, but have the older 1978 version with Richard Burton narrating.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Wayne's_Musical_Version_of_The_War_of_the_Worlds
    woofiedog
    woofiedog
    TSF Member-Silver Tools
    TSF Member-Silver Tools

Post by woofiedog Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:20 pm

Smile

A photo from the area I took a couple years back.

Summertime Is Falling Down and Winter Is Closing In. Picture_or_Video_041_a

Last edited by woofiedog on Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    woofiedog
    woofiedog
    TSF Member-Silver Tools
    TSF Member-Silver Tools

Post by woofiedog Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:26 am

Cool

Tonight's Luna Eclipse,beginning phase... the photo's could be a "bit" more better... but surprised they are this good! cheers

Summertime Is Falling Down and Winter Is Closing In. Picture_or_Video_015   Summertime Is Falling Down and Winter Is Closing In. Picture_or_Video_002   Summertime Is Falling Down and Winter Is Closing In. Picture_or_Video_006

woofiedog
    woofiedog
    TSF Member-Silver Tools
    TSF Member-Silver Tools

Post by woofiedog Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:21 pm

Smile

woofiedog
    woofiedog
    TSF Member-Silver Tools
    TSF Member-Silver Tools

Post by woofiedog Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:29 pm

salute

Some photos I took a while back around the local area and at this time of year.

Summertime Is Falling Down and Winter Is Closing In. Picture_009 Summertime Is Falling Down and Winter Is Closing In. Picture_007 Summertime Is Falling Down and Winter Is Closing In. Picture_062 Summertime Is Falling Down and Winter Is Closing In. Picture_or_Video_045

I saw Roy Buchanan back in Boston late 1973, have to say the performance that he played, the crowd was memorized. Wicked! Shocked

]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 4:33 pm