3 posters

My First Youtube Video

frinik
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

My First Youtube Video Empty My First Youtube Video

Post by frinik Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:46 pm

Using the Raptr program for AMD video cards I started recording various games I am playing including Steel Fury, Far Cry3, BF3, Arma II  and RO2. This is a 17 minutes video featuring the Tiger II on the Zawodi map with one of my test missions using my tweaks and sounds. I am using the Steel Panzer Mod 2.0 with the Autumn mod. For those interested here's the link:

BTW how do you post the Youtube screenie like you and Lockie do directly into the forum?

Last edited by frinik on Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:56 am; edited 2 times in total

My First Youtube Video Empty Re: My First Youtube Video

Post by Guest Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:50 pm

Wrong link to your youtube there! Very Happy It shows my own account!
    lockie
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:02 pm

I didn't suppose to see a real King Tiger "on the way"!
    Restored German Königstiger Heavy Tank
    frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:48 am

Donken it's impossible!!! Shocked

When I click on the link  it takes me straight to my video. I tested it prior to and after posting and it would take straight to my youtube page!!! Am I doing something wrong? Try this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev0sdpCv1X0&feature=player_embedded

The Tiger II posted by Lockie is the one at the Saumur museum in France. A most impressive beast....

Not to open a debate but your opinion h guys: If you were given the choice to fight in a Tiger II or a JS-2 late model which would you chose and why? I know they are different tanks and not designed for the same purpose. Still they met several times on the battlefield.
    lockie
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:24 pm

This is a good video with a good graphic! I'll not pick up nor Pz.VIB neither JS-2. I don't like them both. I prefer Panther G.

Post by Guest Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:00 pm

frinik wrote:Donken it's impossible!!! Shocked

When I click on the link  it takes me straight to my video. I tested it prior to and after posting and it would take straight to my youtube page!!! Am I doing something wrong? Try this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev0sdpCv1X0&feature=player_embedded

The Tiger II posted by Lockie is the one at the Saumur museum in France. A most impressive beast....

Not to open a debate but your opinion h guys: If you were given the choice to fight in a Tiger II or a JS-2 late model which would you chose and why? I know they are different tanks and not designed for the same purpose. Still they met several times on the battlefield.

Hehe, its very much possible! It is an edit link for your own youtube page, so everyone clicking that link goes to its own private page!
    The last link you sent is working.
    And here is the address to your page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo_Mdhov0RDMefGi701gdqg

Edit to frinik:
    I fixed your post to have a thumbnail of your video, So edit it and take a look!
    You insert a video by pressing: Insert a Youtube video, button, just insert your link and it shows up automaticly!
    frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:13 pm

Thank you very much Donken. Duhhh I never even saw the tiny sign that allows you to insert a youtube video even though it was staring at my face all that time!!! Shocked Shocked

BTW between KT and JS-2 which would you rather fight in?

Post by Guest Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:49 am

frinik wrote:Thank you very much Donken. Duhhh I never even saw the tiny sign that allows you to insert a youtube video even though it was staring at my face all that time!!! Shocked Shocked

BTW between KT and JS-2 which would you rather fight in?

Hehe, its Easy to miss Very Happy

I have always been a fan of the kingtiger, so im not neutral and quite onesided on that question ^^
    frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:07 am

I also love the KT but I'll be very neutral:

1) The KT= faster reload rate, more AP ammo available, excellent gun, good ergonomics and optics.

JS-2= more armoured, more mobile, more powerful gun, more reliable mechanically.

My answer at ranges over 1000 metres I would pick the KT , below that I would rather be in a JS.
    frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:26 am

I have tried the Winter Mod 1.2 and I must say I am extremely impressed with that mod. I think it Mr. Maleshkin did a wonderful job.Compared to the original Winter mod made by Stone 2009 back in 2008 it's night and day.I will make a youtube vid of a mission using that mod.
    33lima
    33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:21 pm

I really liked this Frinik! And good to see someone playing from the TC view during the mission; I spend too much time in the external view, tho it's pretty and the peripheral vision is better!

Not related to the video as such but it's noticeable how little 'obscuration' there is, when the main gun is fired (even the big 8.8cm L/71) when viewed from the gunsight. Would be nice if a modder could produce some flash/blast/dust effect.

Also I've just noticed this, but are the German tank commander's clock codes reversed, when he says a target indication? Twelve o'clock should be straight ahead, but if I'm hearing this right in my own missions too, he's taking six o'clock as right ahead, when six should be straight behind.

I know the Germans used a slightly different method from the British ('Turret to ten o'clock...' instead of 'Seventy-five, traverse left...steady...on!...') but I thought the clock code in all nations had 12 o'clock straight ahead?

Post by Guest Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:05 am

33lima wrote:I really liked this Frinik! And good to see someone playing from the TC view during the mission; I spend too much time in the external view, tho it's pretty and the peripheral vision is better!

Not related to the video as such but it's noticeable how little 'obscuration' there is, when the main gun is fired (even the big 8.8cm L/71) when viewed from the gunsight. Would be nice if a modder could produce some flash/blast/dust effect.

Also I've just noticed this, but are the German tank commander's clock codes reversed, when he says a target indication? Twelve o'clock should be straight ahead, but if I'm hearing this right in my own missions too, he's taking six o'clock as right ahead, when six should be straight behind.

I know the Germans used a slightly different method from the British ('Turret to ten o'clock...' instead of 'Seventy-five, traverse left...steady...on!...') but I thought the clock code in all nations had 12 o'clock straight ahead?

Hehe, lots of questions i hopefully can answer!

1. Its a tricky answer. Yes it is possible to do this. By moving the "camera" from its realistic position to a position just behind the tracer/muzzle dummy. On a few coaxmg:s you can see this, like on the tiger/ktiger hullmg =) Lots of smoke in the camera when shooting. Biggest problem is we need to move this camera on 100:s of models! for that little gain =)

2. Coded this way, the game is using degrees relatively to the north which is 0. Not the "clock code" Take a look at the video again and you will see =) Hull position at 90 degrees, and turret pointing forward. Gives a target at 90 if the target is straight ahead from the hull position Very Happy This makes some problem with the azimuth in drivers position, Thrust me! I have been swearing alot over this hehe.
    33lima
    33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:44 am

Thanks Doknen!

About #2, I think we are both right!

Looking at the clip again, at about 2.02, the TC indicates a target.

The text display works as you describe - the bearing to the target is given in degrees - 'Bearing - 165'.

But listening to the TC - and I prefer to listen, not be distracted looking down, trying to read brief on-screen messages - he says it's 'Funf uhr dreizig' - 5:30 o'clock. This is for a target that is slightly left of directly in front of the tank. I think he should say 'Elf uhr driezig' -  11:30. Or just 11 o'clock, near enough for getting the gunner looking in roughly the right direction quickly..

I have seen pictures somewhere of the commander's clock scales in some German tank cupolas and while Ican't find one now I would be very surprised to find that ahead was NOT 12 o'clock.

If SF is wrong I am guessing it may be possible to identify the voice files and 'reverse'/rename them so that what the sim treats as 6 o'clock (ahead, but should be behind) is called out by the TC as  12 o'clock.

Fixing this would also work better with Lockie's recent mod which removes the orange on-screen target markers. I have already tried toggling these off using the keyboard command...but I then got confused, listening to the reversed clock code target indications.

Post by Guest Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:36 am

33lima wrote:Thanks Doknen!

About #2, I think we are both right!

Looking at the clip again, at about 2.02, the TC indicates a target.

The text display works as you describe - the bearing to the target is given in degrees - 'Bearing - 165'.

But listening to the TC - and I prefer to listen, not be distracted looking down, trying to read brief on-screen messages - he says it's 'Funf uhr dreizig' - 5:30 o'clock. This is for a target that is slightly left of directly in front of the tank. I think he should say 'Elf uhr driezig' -  11:30. Or just 11 o'clock, near enough for getting the gunner looking in roughly the right direction quickly..

I have seen pictures somewhere of the commander's clock scales in some German tank cupolas and while Ican't find one now I would be very surprised to find that ahead was NOT 12 o'clock.

If SF is wrong I am guessing it may be possible to identify the voice files and 'reverse'/rename them so that what the sim treats as 6 o'clock (ahead, but should be behind) is called out by the TC as  12 o'clock.

Fixing this would also work better with Lockie's recent mod which removes the orange on-screen target markers. I have already tried toggling these off using the keyboard command...but I then got confused, listening to the reversed clock code target indications.

Ah, its wrong sounds then! This needs fixing, problem is to get new sounds. It also needs more investigating on how we can change the compass behavior Very Happy

And about the clock scale, its an azimuth for where the turret are against the hull, like an turret indicator. Check out commanders interior view on the tiger Very Happy Fully modelled there, both for gunner and commander!
    frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:04 am

Thanks for the comments Lima33. I just posted a new youtube this one a nigth mission with the Panther Ausf.F.

I agree about the al;ck of muzzle flash and smoke in the gunsights right after a shot.It's soemthing I tried to remedy ( boosting gunshot smoke and muzzle blaze effects in the common res)without much success.Now I understand whythanks to Donken's explanation ;it's because of the camera position.

The mission is here:

frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:10 am

End of the Panther F mission. A sad end for my faithful tank...

lockie
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:36 am

It's a really interesting video! Though, I'm not a fun to play in the dark Wink
    Could u write down a couple words/tutorial how to prepare video for SF? I'll place it in FAQ.
    frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:05 pm

I use Raptr which is a program for AMD(ATI) video cards. It's free to download and install. Here's the link:
    http://raptr.com/

For Nvidia the equivalent is Geforce Experience. Here's the download link:
    http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience

Basically what these programs do is allow you to tweak your games based on the specs of your cpu and Gpu which they automatically detect( of course Geforce Exp works only with Nvidia cards and Raptr only with ATI ones).It also allows you to start your game and once you have started your game using either Raptr or Geforce Exp then you can press a key and start recording your games.Which is what I did. Unfortunately Steel Fury is not detected automatically you have to search for it manually.Thus the program will not tweak it as it will for modern games it detects like War Thunder, World of Tanks, Arma2 & 3, Battlefield 3 & 4  , Call of Duty series , Far Cry 3  etc. However you still launch SF with it and record your missions.

Once you've installed either program and open it there are very simple instructions to follow on how to record your vid. For example with Raptr on your pc screen once you start a game you have at the upper left ON = ctrl + : OFF + the same. You click on the left control key + the ; key and the vid will start and you can see how many minutes it lasts.
    lockie
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:39 pm

Thanks for explanations! Cool I'll place it under question "How to make video clip on the base of SF mission?"
    frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:46 am

Anybody who needs help with this just PM me!
    33lima
    33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:10 pm

I've just listened carefully to the TC's use of clock codes in the Tiger Prokhorovka mission and they seem to be correct including 'Zwolf uhr' for right ahead - it's hard to be sure) but I need to do more listening and practicing responding to the TC.
    frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:12 pm

Kyth has posted some youtube videos of his Panzer III campaign. I am posting the links here with his kind permission for all to enjoy!

https://youtu.be/oNE0u0FOhdk

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:23 pm