5 posters

Panzer unity

lockie
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Panzer unity Empty Panzer unity

Post by lockie Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:46 pm

This is a new screen made on the engine "Unity". Landscape looks marvelous! Buildings, flora, especially cactus! Somebody told me that cactus should not be in the desert Cool
    Pz.IV looks fine and his camo is a very good done!
    Panzer unity Unity
    http://theantisocialgamer.blogspot.com
    frinik
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Panzer unity Empty Re: Panzer unity

Post by frinik Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:27 pm

Yes it should be but ion the US or Mexico not in North Africa. They don't grow there.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:34 am

Haha, cool you found it! Its actually me and Murkz doing to modelling for it, and nsu_krad doing the terrain. The Pz4 is my old pz4 version for sf, texture from sf aswell, but im doing a new texture for it as we speak =)

And of course there are cactuses in North Africa, its a desert!

Panzer unity 5ce52aa82565bde1cb67b43fc33d7cd8

1943 in Tunisia!
    lockie
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:32 am

Ha-ha, actually u showed me this blog ~two years ago, when told abt. engine "uinity" Smile Don't u remember?  Razz  And this is my second post, firstly I've mentioned it here:
    http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t276-panzer-elite-pp2-x-vehicle-pack-released
    Pz.IV looks great! (I was sure Pz.IV was made by Sidorov, coz he shared with me his model to have a look).
    And I see now it is possible to place a cactus in SF!

Last edited by lockie on Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:44 am

The PzIV F1 model (probably ripped from sf) i got from mistwalker ~5 years ago, then i redid it completely and made the PzIV H we have today in sf. And on the base from the PzIV H i also did the Jagdpanzer IV! I dont know who made the first texture thou, Mistwalker had someone do it for him =) Same as on the Jagdpanzer Very Happy

And now for unity i need to remodel it completely once again xD And convert it back to an F1 and F2. But this time im also doing the texture myself for it Very Happy
    lockie
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:00 am

Sidorov sent me exactly Pz.IVH 3D model Very Happy Texture at least "yellow camo" was made by whukid a "green" one was default(I've adjusted it also, coz it had too much "pink" color). The two texture for the Jagdpanzer was made by Maleshkin. I remember first Jagdpanzer appearing, coz I made a personal mission  for this spg "ugly duckling". There were no missions for Pz.VIH. First one was made by Deviator "cover the ferry" Cool
    Panzer unity Gait_pziv_h

Engine "unity" has a good perspective! Would be interested to see a soldiers with animation on some activity during the battle  Smile

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:27 am

Then it was probably Sidorov that made the first texture, and he got the model from Mistwalker that he got from me, so he could make the texture =) As i said, i dont know a bit about the textures for it, it was not my "job" and i was not interested in it, the model is still 100% my creation =) Same with the Jagdpanzer. I dont remember at all about the textures =)

Yeah, the unity engine has soo many interesting features. Its a nice engine to work in! And i love the physics in it. Exactly everything in the PzU game is physics driven. Even the bullets. The tracks are amazing aswell Very Happy
    frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:44 am

Yes it should be but ion the US or Mexico not in North Africa. They don't grow there.

I should have qualified my statement by saying the tall cacti( it 's cacti not cactuses in English plural) that you see in Westerns do not grow in North Africa only in The Southern US or Mexico. I thought  you were talking about them.

From what I gathered back then Sidorov is Mistwalker's actual name? I have been trying to contact him on the old forum but without success on a different issue..

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:00 am

frinik wrote:Yes it should be but ion the US or Mexico not in North Africa. They don't grow there.

I should have qualified my statement by saying the tall cacti( it 's cacti not cactuses in English plural) that you see in Westerns do not grow in North Africa only in The Southern US or Mexico. I thought  you were talking about them.

From what I gathered back then Sidorov is Mistwalker's actual name? I have been trying to contact him on the old forum but without success on a different issue..

Oh, yeah, its cacti, sorry about that Razz

You are very much correct frinik, Mistwalker = Sidorov, they are the one and same person xD My excuse is this was a veery long time ago and i alsways talked to him as Mistwalker, and textures and models where changing hands alot back then. I do remember Maleschkin did some things to. But had forgot hes name Very Happy

I talked to Mistwalker quite alot on skype untill about one year ago, then he disappeared for me aswell.
    lockie
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:05 am

Donken wrote: the model is still 100% my creation =)
    When I asked Sidorov what the models he had made, he gave me a list with many units where there were: Pz.IVH, Tiger (except H1 made by Maleshkkin), TigerII, Panther A/D, Pz.III, JS-2, SU-152, ISU-122 and some other Very Happy
    Then he shared some models with me, like TigerI/II, Panther, PzIV... Unfortunately, all models (except Pz.IV) were lost, because of the HD malfunction. U had the same situation and know how bad it was.

Yeah, the unity engine has soo many interesting features.
    Oh, yes. New features are always interesting! Especially soldiers animation, like "ragdoll" Cool bom

From what I gathered back then Sidorov is Mistwalker's actual name?

Yes, it is the same person. And I'm abt. to place more cactus(cacti) in the desert missions Very Happy
    Now I've evidence/picture from Donken.
    frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:44 pm

I talked to Mistwalker quite alot on skype untill about one year ago, then he disappeared for me as well.

That's interesting! Did he tell you, at any time, why he left the forum and virtually abandoned his Steel Panzer Mod 2.0?

Unity is a fine engine but I personally think the Cry engine from Crytek is better and it's free for use by modders.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:38 pm

frinik wrote:

That's interesting! Did he tell you, at any time, why he left the forum and virtually abandoned his Steel Panzer Mod 2.0?

He got bored and was going to work on other projects!
    woofiedog
    woofiedog
    TSF Member-Silver Tools
    TSF Member-Silver Tools

Post by woofiedog Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:19 pm

Lockie... This is a new screen made on the engine "Unity". Landscape looks marvelous! Buildings, flora, especially cactus! Somebody told me that cactus should not be in the desert Cool
    Pz.IV looks fine and his camo is a very good done!

If only Steel Fury could have the same resolution as the screen you posted... well it would be an extraordinary step forward for SF.

Much like the very sharp and clear image resolution IL-2 46 now has using the "High Resolution / True Color Textures Mod" package over the resolution original game.  

Panzer unity 27_04_2013_10_16_49

Panzer unity 26_07_2015_3_11_19

Donken... I really like that screen you posted of the cactus covered halftrack.  Very cool! Laughing
    frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:27 am

He got bored and was going to work on other projects!

I don't understand this guy. He does all that hard work on a good mod and just walks away because he is bored?????Shocked cyclops

This is really surprising from a guy who was anal retentive about everything not accurate or historical , who had the sense of humour of an AK-74 and who could quote 60 pages of the  f......g secret Soviet archives with every comma and semi colon or read backwards in his sleep the blueprints of every Soviet tank ever made. scratch Don't get me wrong ; in my own way I liked the guy once I got by his piss-vinegar charm, endearing sense of superiority and warm Stalinist personality....

Woofie; did the high res pack for IL2 come from the developers or is it a user-made mod?

All in all the graphics in SF are not bad. Except for the infantry; the animation is jerky and the body proportions could be better.
    lockie
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:47 am

And it's time to place in the desert missions a tree, coz I see on Donken's picture a "platan/akacia". I've almost the same:
    Panzer unity Tree1
    woofiedog
    woofiedog
    TSF Member-Silver Tools
    TSF Member-Silver Tools

Post by woofiedog Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:10 am

frinik... did the high res pack for IL2 come from the developers or is it a user-made mod?

Here are the credits for the mod package.

Credits:

HD Texture DLLs (il2_core.dll, il2_corep4.dll etc.) by carsmaster.
       True Color Texture Mod by SAS~Storebror.
       Sample HD skins by Buhli, RDDR and SAS~GJE52.
       Original game files by 1C/Maddox.

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,42744.0.html

Yes the overall graphic's for SF are decent and you could say the same for IL-2 at the time. But IL-2 in my opinion was vastly improved with the new  "HD Texture DLLs &  True Color Texture Mod".

Quote... It enables you to use Textures with HD resolutions (up to 4096 x 4096 pixels now) and true color.

I could have setup some IL-2 screens to show the difference... but just recently I lost one of my older external IL-2 HD's and I have been slowly working in order to retrieve the IL-2 data/files from it, as the HD still works for brief short spurts of time. Have the best part of it saved now now. Neutral

Have to say that the recent widescreen fix mod by will73 has greatly improved SF with the 16:9 widescreen, that gives SF a fresh new look. Also must add a thank's and a big hand for his work on this mod. Very Happy

http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t184-1920x1080-169-fix-for-widescreen-monitors?highlight=will73+widescreen+fix
    woofiedog
    woofiedog
    TSF Member-Silver Tools
    TSF Member-Silver Tools

Post by woofiedog Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:53 am

Lockie... And it's time to place in the desert missions a tree, coz I see on Donken's picture a "platan/akacia". I've almost the same:

The work that has gone into these trees and other flora for the maps are another SF upgrade that has really added a new fresh look to SF and the maps used for the missions during game play.

For a good example just play a stock game & mission. And then play the same stock mission with the latest STA upgrades added to the game and SF looks very much like a different game. Very Happy
    lockie
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:38 pm

There is new screen with Pak40.
    Panzer unity Gun40
    Landscape looks good, there many models of flora. Some notes:
    - perhaps foliage is too much green
    - artifacts on the ground texture
    - camo Pak40 should be in desert color
    Personally, I like the shadows. Cool Just wonder, does a shadow change their orientation during the mission?

Post by Guest Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:13 pm

It does lockie. Its real time shadows.
    And the artifacts is there because the screenshot is taken in the editor, not in the game.

Just out of Panzer Unity, you should take a look at the unity engine Very Happy Its soo fun to just play around with it Razz
    lockie
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:43 pm

Donken, it would be interesting to know what the main conception of the game? Will it be another clone of "War thunder"(only online) or smth. similar to "Steel blaze"(tactics with tanksim elements) or may be it is based on the "Steel fury" (accent to the scripts)? I see that theater of war will be desert (Africa)?
    frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:56 am

Lockie I think what they have in mind is a simulator along the lines of T34 versus Tiger. Murkz and his team worked a long time to improve the MP aspect of TvsT to no avail as the game withered and died( at least the MP part).

If only Graviteam and G5( the Swedish-owned) company that made TvsT) had collaborated instead of being rivals....We would have had a wonderful WW2 sim with huge maps and MP, excellent physics and ballistics and stable. The irony is that some of the guys who worked on TvsT worked for Graviteam as well and had assisted in the making of T72 Balkans on Fire. Which is a game I highly recommend to those who wish to learn the ropes of Steel Armour .Very tough and challenging simulator game unfortunately the scope of the missions is rather dull and the graphics are very dated.

I think if people are looking into the ancestor of Steel Armour Blaze of War they need no longer look past T72 Balkans on Fire Also called Iron Warriors. Some of the guys who worked for Russian game maker IDDK( which also assisted G5 in making TvsT) went on to start Graviteam.

It's a all a loop!
    lockie
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:24 pm

frinik wrote:Lockie I think what they have in mind is a simulator along the lines of T34 versus Tiger. Murkz and his team worked a long time to improve the MP aspect of TvsT to no avail as the game withered and died( at least the MP part).
    I'd say that a new game will be a mix between Blaze steel (because Donken had experience with this game, he managed to implement Tiger from SF) and Panzer Elite, coz it's a classic game with a great opportunities to control the units. Smth. tells me there won't be MP.
    frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:49 am

Well all bets are off. I still think TvsT is what they have in mind. Time will tell.AS for the MP probably not because you need a lot of support for that.
    lockie
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:28 pm

Then what kind of improvements supposed  to be there to compare with TvT? I know TvT has a very poor AI. Let's say, in Steel Fury AI is equal to "one idiot", then AI in TvT is equal to ~"ten idiots".
    But in case that Panzer unity has number of "idiots" equal to SF, then what exactly will be improved in the scripts? In Steel blaze (same as in Achtung star) there are many scripts. May be 10 times more than in SF, but they are not available for the user during mission creating, coz there are no missions. User can use scripts(commands) only in the real time(almost in the same manner as in SF) and also during one move of the operation(phase?) at the strategy/tactics level or whatever they called. I guess engine Unity has a many ways how to realize the gameplay.
    frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:18 am

TvsT 's engine is 8 years old. Unity engine is very recent and much, much better in every area. As for improvements I don't know.May be Murkz could comment?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 5:42 am